Communal spaces, such as residences, are gathering places where people meet and share activities. However, safety in these spaces can be jeopardized if certain standards are not respected. That’s why it’s important to know what rules to follow to ensure everyone’s safety. In this article, we’ll look at the various safety standards that must be respected in a collective space to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all users.
The various safety standards to be implemented in a residence
The various safety standards to be implemented in a residence are essential to guarantee the safety of residents and their property. In residential buildings, there are specific standards to be met for gates.
- For residential gates, it is mandatory to install detection cells to avoid any risk of accident when a person or object is in the path of the gate.
- A radio bridge can also be installed, enabling the gate to stop or reverse its course in the event of an impact via the safety edge (rubber profile).
- The flashing light is also an essential device that must be installed in all homes equipped with an automatic gate. This device enables users to see the movement of the gate, thus avoiding any risk of accident.
- Zone lighting (a spotlight placed in the residence to illuminate the entrance area) is recommended to help identify visitors and deter any burglary or intrusion attempts.
- Standards relating to gate speed must also be respected, so that the gate does not constitute a potential danger to people or property in its path.
In response, these different standards are essential for a home equipped with an automated system such as an electric gate, to ensure that it is secure and reliable.
Prastel, your manufacturer of electronic systems for the public sector
Prastel is a French company based in La Ciotat, Bouches-du-Rhône (13). It specializes in the design and manufacture of electronic systems for automation, access control and security. For over 30 years, it has been providing innovative solutions to professionals in the residential and public sector.
In a context where security standards are constantly evolving, Prastel has positioned itself as a major player in the market, offering products that comply with the latest regulations. Collective housing is subject to strict standards. The equipment offered by Prastel to secure a gate meets these requirements, while guaranteeing simple, intuitive operation for users.
Automatic gates are also subject to stringent standards to avoid any risk of accident or injury. Prastel offers solutions perfectly adapted to the specific needs of the residential sector, with anti-finger-pinch devices and infrared sensors for rapid detection of obstacles.
In short, Prastel’s cutting-edge expertise in the field of electronics applied to the residential and collective sector, combined with its in-depth knowledge of current standards, makes it a trusted partner for professionals wishing to guarantee the safety and comfort of their buildings’ occupants.